Seeing Squounds

 
In #DecDoodle we have been having fun! Fun with shapes, colour, drawing, poetry, Youtube playlists and other variations on a daily theme. In this post I'm contemplating the rounded corners of a square. 
My work in #CLMOOC enables me to see around the corners. To see beyond the bleeding obvious. I can play, make, make mistakes and play some more. This play allows me to cut corners or round off corners that I see. Here are some squound examples.

Mesmirising squounds





Square Corners
Sherri shared this blog post about Square Corners in nature: https://mistralmtn.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/square-corners-in-nature.html. Good to know that we can always observe wombat poo if we want to see some squounds.

Granny Square
Now a Granny Square should be square, right? Then they go and do this to it! Eight petals could appear square but they don't! Flowers are round, petals create gentle corners and adding square corners allows an easy path to connect these panels together.




Not Square
From Simon's post of a few years back (do all these themes just go around and around and around?) I was inspired me to create a cell 'dance' in Excel set to Simon's oration (wubbed). In an effort to see beyond the square cells, rounding off the cells, this dance allows me to see beyond the page.


Comments