From the river to the stars

Image: Wendy Taleo 2019 Todd River, Alice Springs, Australia

From the river to the stars
Where the hemispheres meet
There we sat

Breaking the ice, silently,
'Who taught you to read?'
Invited in.

A quilt depicted
many squares, one picture
open unite.

On my way to work
I cross the Todd river
not one in crisis.

I stand in the riverbed
Only magpies warble
Optimists, each one.

The intense blue sky
will be filled with that milky band
over my head tonight.

The richest blanket of stars
endless possibilities of understanding
learning for life.

Inspired by Kate Bowles, Keynote at OER19, Galway, Ireland.

I acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which I live, create and work. The Arrernte people in Mparntwe. This incredible land that gives us natural desert beauty, the landscape of this image. I pay respect to elders past, present and emerging.

Comments