Getting Stamped - Part II

Stamp collecting was a hobby when I was young. I have lugged around those stamp albums for the last 30 plus years. Each time I open the box, I can't bring myself to ditch them. I can't imagine my son seeing any value in them. It's time to get creative!

Step 1: Pick the album that has the least sentimental value and pick out a few interesting ones. My son and I have some project-fun time and remove all the stamps from the albums and he has great fun in tearing and ripping up the empty album.


Step 2: Soak the stamps in water and checkout a Youtube video for some hints on what to do next.

Step 3: Make the paper and let it dry

Step 4: Collect some poetry and some materials from the upcycle pile and create some postcards.

Step 5: Post them out!


Reflections: 
My mother still takes great care on what stamp is chosen for the recipient. When I receive a letter from her I check the stamp carefully. Letters from family have immediate hand writing recognition. Postcards from #CLMOOC peers have Avatar and Twitter handle associations. As I handle these thin slices of paper, I think of people's avatars and Twitter handles. Will this association with these icons pass as well? How will we connect or associate with each other in the future?

Inspirations:
Wendy Eiteljorg and her marvellous creations in this post, I'll be using stamps!
Karen Fasimpur Postcard Project

Comments