Now what?

 ASCILITE 2022

I had a wonderful #ASCILITE22 conference hosted at University of Sydney. I'll give some numbers first and some links to my contributions to the conference. The (re) connections are an ongoing process and a little harder to define but much more important.

Numbers and links

1 Award - Community Fellow Award

Awarded in recognition of sustained and outstanding service to ASCILITE and significant contributions toward the leadership, directions and activities of the ASCILITE community.
(pending update here https://ascilite.org/category/conferences/conference-award-winners/)

2 concise papers presented

    Calendar connections - co-written with Dr Sarah Honeychurch which she has posted on her blog.
https://publications.ascilite.org/index.php/APUB/article/view/125

    Creative practices: thinking and thriving together - co-written with Carmen Vallis
https://publications.ascilite.org/index.php/APUB/article/view/150
Nominated for best concise paper

3 hours of voluntary conference chairing

    Well organised and a different way to facilitate with a Zoom chair, Tech chair and myself as Presenter Chair with more than one room-runner available. All sessions were hybrid. I chaired seven pech kucha presentations and one concise paper.

1 SIG session co-chaired - TELedvisors

    Find out more/join the SIG: https://ascilite.org/get-involved/sigs/tel-edvisors-sig/ or watch the three minute video

Location and hosts

It was such a pleasure to visit the University of Sydney campus for the first time. While not having a full campus tour, the 'hogwart' buildings, the sound of the bells, old trees, parks and the Chau Chak Wing museum were absolute highlights. The hosts were amazing. There was a team of 60 (yes sixty) blue shirt volunteers that assisted during the conference. Well organised, always available, resourceful and just overall sorted.

Now what?

I'm writing to a whole list of people that I met and (re)connected with. I'm reading the conference proceedings, mainly for papers where I was not able to attend the presentation but I heard from others that it was great. The ASCILITE community feels like my 'mob' and I heard it termed the 'friendly conference'. I'm wanting to continue my direction of integrating creative practices into my work as an educational technologist and current role of leading others and working with academics. I'm thinking about collating evidence and updating my e-portfolio. Mostly I'm now looking forward to the Christmas break and I know I'll spend time mulling over the events and knowledge shared in the last three days.

Comments