Reflection on online studying at a distance

Having an opportunity to reflect on postgraduate study was valuable. It is five years since graduating from the Open University, UK. This presentation started with enablers for studying when based away from campus. Barriers included the never ending time zone battles. The tools like Google calendar and time zone websites keep on improving which certainly help but it is something that I check and double check to ensure synchronous sessions are seamless. I continue to study and connect with colleagues globally and Virtually Connecting taught me about the intentionality in preparing for these connections. This can be as simple as referring to meeting times in the time for the host timeframe.

I concluded this presentation with defining a few skills that have transferred to my work life. I have used my experience of studying online to add weight to advising others in how to design learning experiences for other students.

Comments

  1. Time zones ... always tricky when the field of connections and collaboration is global.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment