A learning square

Sticky notes
(A nice neat square)
Is all I had to write
List poems. 

From a simple prompt
Grounded in my place
These words come tumbling down. 

On higher education
My thoughts were spiralling 
From freedom to blockages
People and time and money.

On lower education
(What does that mean?)
From learning to expectations 
And everything in-between.

Our life is not neat 
Learning is messy
Even figuring out who
Are the students? 

Ever grateful for educators
Willing to share
Out in the open
Creating safe spaces.

From #MyFest24 Poems and Pedagogy with Sam Illingworth.


Comments

  1. What do you make of translucent post-its?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translucent post-its are a way of layering information. As a third space practitioner I often overlay my educational knowledge with the discipline I'm working within. The boundaries of a discipline or field of study can be stretched and in some cases, cracked, to let in the light of edtech, design and craft.

      Delete

Post a Comment