Clara's eyes

Sketch by Clara with permission

Lift me up
let me see beyond the storm clouds 

Fly with me
let me see the landscape as a dot painting

Inside the eye
is the 'I' I do not want to see

The dark self
is an inky black page of no pen

My mouth opens
but the vomit refuses to come

Do the cracks 
allow the light to get in?  (Leonard Cohen)

The Yang; breaks
glass shards settle in sandy hollows

The Yin; fixes
'When nothing is done, nothing is left undone.' (Lao Tzu)

Everything is broken
why am I not full of light?

Burn the iris
smoke whispers rising from the soul

Holes in paper
the dawn of friendship is a gentle pink

Bring new visions
I can never see through your eyes

The light fades
only now we see the stars rise

by Wendy Taleo 
October 2026
Mparntwe, Alice Springs.

Spanish translation pending.

Comments