Word Count


What could one hundred and fifty words say? Word restrictions in academic writing are standard fare. In my postgraduate writing, we are given strict word counts and point penalties and threats of 'your tutor will stop reading this'. 

On a positive note, this is a creative constraint. It makes you analyse words more carefully and weed out the waffle. Like writing a haiku where every syllable is counted. 

On a less positive note, this is a noose! Maybe my next sentence might be brilliant. Maybe I need some extra words to give you all the context you need. Do books have a word limit? What about leaving an audio comment? How many words can you fit into a one-minute audio response? What about a video assignment? Do hand gestures count? 

I’d like to share some thoughts about these questions but I am at the end of my word count, sorry.

Word Count 150


In a series of blog posts for #MoDigiWri challenge
1. Jump Start - More Digital Writing

Comments