from Line 12 in the poem
How to crochet a collaborative poem
1. Take a mental snapshot of the 106 Lines of Colour
2. Vision: Flip it, monochrome and wrap it around a light bulb (Line 1 meets Line 106)
3. Import the original poem in Excel and use =LEN(A1) to determine the character length of each line
4. Crochet a base with 106 stitches on the edge
5. From each edge stitch, crochet a line of the poem with a single chain for each character
6. Attach 44 beads around the fringe to represent each writer/collaborator of the poem
7. Stiffen the base and sew in a wire ring. Steam iron the strands
8. Assemble the crochet over the desktop lamp base.
9. Option: buy a groovy, retro bulb to add interest to the light
#EduKnitNight - A group of educators/makers that get together and discuss their (mostly yarn and needle) projects
Smith, A., West-Puckett, A., Cantrill, C., and Zamora, M. (2016) “Remix as Professional Learning: Educators’ Iterative Literacy Practice in CLMOOC.” Education Sciences 6, no. 1 (2016). https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci6010012.